WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB
2018 Raffle Car
RAFFLE CAR RULES and REGULATIONS
- You must be at least 18 years of age to participate and provide proof of age prior to receiving raffle prize.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Winner need not be present at time of drawing.
- It is the sole responsibility of the raffle ticket purchaser to read, understand and accept the terms set forth in the Official Rules and Regulations. All sales are final; no refunds will be provided.
- The winning ticket holder will win the Raffle Vehicle.
- The winning ticket holder for the official WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB Raffle car will be required to pay all taxes, licenses, transportation, and other fees, plus local, state and federal taxes, including without limitation and all applicable sales, use, luxury, income and special taxes. WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB specifically disclaims all expressed or implied warranties, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose regarding the Raffle Vehicle.
- Vehicle Winner agrees to pay 25% federal income tax withholding (based upon actual car value), or higher amount if winner is a foreign national, to WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB prior to release of the vehicle. WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB will submit the taxes collected to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and at the time of vehicle transfer, WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB will provide to the winner a W-2G or 1042..
- WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB reserves the right to determine the validity of entries.
- Proof of a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and social security number prior to taking delivery of required per IRS rules and regulations. the Raffle Vehicle will be required of the winning raffle ticket holder. Proof of Social Security number is required per IRS rules and regulations.
- Entry fee of $5 per ticket is not a tax-deductible contribution.
- Ticket sales will cease at just prior to the drawing.
- Tickets will be sold at $5 each.
- The drawing will be held at approximately at 9:00 p.m. on July 27, 2018 at the host hotel of the 2018 International Corvair convention awards banquet at the DoubleTree Hotel,500 Mansfield avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15205.
- Promptly, within two weeks of the drawing date, the holder of the winning raffle ticket shall be required to meet with the WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB Treasurer for the purpose of paying such taxes and fees and receiving the vehicle. The winning raffle ticket holder must have purchased at least one raffle ticket in full prior to the drawing, in 2018.
- The vehicle winner will be determined via a random drawing. The winners will be notified by phone, mail, or e-mail, if not present. The vehicle will be available for pickup after the drawing. The car must be picked up and all taxes and fees and the 25% federal income tax withholding (or higher amount if a foreign national) must be paid within 30 days after the drawing.
- In the event that the Raffle Vehicle winner is unable to afford all applicable taxes and fees, the vehicle will be sold through the winner with the required taxes withheld and the proceeds to pass to the drawing winner.
- The holder of the winning raffle ticket grants WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB the use of his/her name and photograph in all communication and publicity materials.
- In the event the Raffle Vehicle is damaged or destroyed, WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB’s liability is limited to insurance recovery; the vehicle will be fully insured through the duration of the raffle.
- All proceeds, less prizes and expenses benefit WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB a 501c7 non-profit organization, located in Pennsylvania, and local charities.
- Purchasers of raffle tickets must write legibly. If more than one name is listed on the ticket, the first name listed shall be considered the entrant. WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB shall, will and can have NO obligation for delivery to any person other than the entrant
- Retain your raffle ticket stub. In the event of any dispute or controversy concerning the winner of the drawing, you will be required to produce your raffle ticket stub.
- Payment is accepted via VISA, Master Card, Discover, American Express, and PayPal, through the PayPal system. Payment of check, money order or cash if in person. Checks or money orders must be made payable to the WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB and sent to 163 Edgewood Street, Aliquippa, PA 15001.
- If an entrant’s check or credit card is dishonored by the bank or credit card company, the entry ticket(s) will be invalid unless full payment plus $35 returned check/credit card fee are received by WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB prior to the drawing. Dishonored checks or credit cards are expected to be honored at the entrant’s earliest knowledge of the matter.
- These rules and regulations are subject to change with the approval of the WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB convention committee.
- Licensed by the Treasurer of Butler County, Pennsylvania. Small Games of Chance License # 3403 and Special Raffle Permit # 17-34.
- All online raffle ticket sales must have e-mail address included. The ticket stub will be scanned and sent to your e-mail address. The scanned stub and your PayPal receipt will be the confirmation of your raffle ticket. If you request a paper ticket stub, send a S.A.S.E. to: 206 Hufnagel road, Harmony, PA 16037.
WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA CORVAIR CLUB